24. Nov, 2022

Day 3 Red Rose petals

The rosa rogusta had lots of petals on the ground due to rain and wind over night so I decided to use these plus a few from the bush as my day 3 ink making experiment. Here the samples are dying before I add them to my journal. I used granulated ferrous sulphate and copper sulphate as modifiers today but do not think there was all that major a change from the liquid modifiers that I had made preciously. In this group the time change between 1 hour and 2 hours was minimal so maybe it doesn't require the full 2 hours to extract the dye powder. Again I added gum arabic as a binder and a few drops of preservative oil to prevent moulding of the ink.