22. May, 2022

Some considerations on paper

Because i am aiming at making a standalone, hinged display of the eco prints I decided to make it double sided. the copper sulphate mordant, ferrous sulphur stamp pad dip and use of the heat press remained the same as the previous session but this time I used a different paper. Previous prints were done on a hot pressed 300 gsm quite high quality paper. This time I used a cold pressed 280 gsm paper. I noticed straight away that the copper mordant immersion soaked into the paper much more and I had to spend more time blotting the paper dry before setting up the composition. This is the same dark red camelia used in the previous session with small leafed maple. The flower print is much more intense with a green tinge inside the blue outline. Very pretty