1. Feb, 2022

In Search of a more Robust Tissue

I tried this experiment in the heat press using an old dressmaking pattern. The leaves are cotonus and coreopsis and I have used a paper towel iron blanket (paper towel dipped in ferrous sulphate and carefully wrung out before placing over the foliage. The imprint wasn't as clear as I had hoped but the pattern tissue is not as fragile as either the paper towel or standard tissue. It is only be experimentation that we can find alternate substrates or ways of using techniques that can inform our art going forward. For some applications the pattern would add its own story to the collective