I have been playing around with the idea of making a junk journal and the weather has been appalling so I had a go at making some lie flat covers out of some thin chipboard sheets. As well as the junk journal I want to make something with a bit more substance to house my textile samples going forward. I have made these using paper but i think if I make more I would replace the paper spine with cotton because even though I used double sided tape on the spine where it bends, I think the paper will break down over time. The photo shows the journal cover folded flat with the back inside cover exposed and the spine folded under the front cover. Now I want to try and insert a cascading layer of junk journal pages with foldouts, pockets and tags. I am not a paper crafter really but I am having fun making this and I have made a couple of functional journals/sketchbooks on my journey so this is an extension of that.