4. Jan, 2021

From Doodle to Stitch

I roughly sketched out the shape of the plant and then free machine stitched the Queen Anne's Lace onto the composite substrate. I used a 40 weight black thread so that the stitch would be more prominent. Here I am working on the second flower. Both flowers were placed over the organza pieces. I have decided to further "knock" back the background by free machine quilting it so the stitched flowers will float on the surface. While working on this piece I became aware that I seldom work in reds but because of the Christmas paper the predominant colour in this piece is red.