31. Aug, 2020

The new Layout

You can still see the blurred photos in the background but i have applied single layers of pieces of paper napkin and covered these with gel medium. The seed head in the middle is a printout on albaca (teabag paper). I put a frieze of stenciled leaves along the bottom for continuity and this was interesting because as the paint dried some parts of the leaves became more yellow as the underlying bases in the paint separated slightly. Again looking for continuity I cut out and applied the little purple butterflies all the way across the piece. Now it is ready for stitching and I am much happier with the result