20. Oct, 2019

And Just so I Can Prove I did do the Abstract exercise

Abstract is not really my forte but we needed to create an abstract representation from the fabrics we had created in class so here is mine almost complete. The background is a not so good piece of eco dyed fabric that I used in the rust experient. At the bottom of this piece is the print of a Forest Tulip leaf and I replicated this in couching in the middle. The darker fabric down the centre is actually my dropcloth and then there is tyvek fabric with coloured gel medium and opaque paints over painted with translucent wash and crumpled and painted photo paper. I embellished it we some metal looking beads down one side and some hand stitching [ rows of vertical stitches in the central shape (not finished when this photo was taken. I was pleased that I tore all the edges of the fabric and didn't try to "neaten them" which is often my downfall with this sort of construction