Finally it is finished. This is the largest thread painting I have attempted. The nest is applied from some fibrous material that was terrible to sew and the background in free machine quilted in a leaf-like design. The concept came from when I looked after my granddaughter, Charlotte, when her Mum was working and she was a pre-schooler. We found a thrush's nest in the top of a ponga tree. We watched Mumma thrush hatch four babies and feed them. They grew and changed and then one day the nest was empty. This was a special memory for Charlotte and me so I started this thread paint to record it. I got stumped with the baby birds and put it away for a while but was determined to finish it this year.