15. Nov, 2018

Resurrecting a Dog

This piece was terrible. It started as piece of cotton dyed with pomegranate and thenI tried to discahge some of the iron blanket with tragacanth thicked discharge paste suing a fine fish stencil. The paste must have been too thin and run under the edge as I just got blobs. I then tried to stamp over the blobs using osage orange thickened dye. Still looked terrible. Finally I thermofax printed it wusine white fabric paint. Not strictly eco dying here but it has provided a useable piece of fabric from a Dog. Experiments are back to retrieving the ones that aren't so good