28. Oct, 2018

Experimenting still

I wanted to knock back the precise thermofax print so I overprinted this iron blanket. Even though I diluted the iron blanket I forgot that the pomegranate had natural tannin so takes the iron very readily so while I got great leaf prints I also got a lot of dark colouration. It was steamed for an hour and a half in the bundle. Next step will be to see if the discharge paste works on the iron colouration. As a past student of Jame Dunnewold (Complex Cloth) I have found if I don't get the effect I am looking for add another layer. As this is just a small piece and experimental it is all at the trial and error stage. Note how the brown of the original print has turned a reddish colour