26. Jun, 2018

An iron blanket and habotai

We were experimenting with different things for an iron blanket. Here I have dipped a paper towel in iron mordant. We were supposed to use iron sulphate mixed to a precise proportion but i had some iron mordant made from rusty nails in solution so I used that. the leaves are very old eucalyptus leaves that I had dried and rehydrated - first time I had tried rehydrating leaves. If you look arefully you will also see some ghost prints of ginkgo and small leafed maple. the amzaing thing with these is they were not visible when I undid the bundle. It wasnt till after I had washed the fabric in baking soda solution and dried it that these became apparent. It is a magical process