15. Dec, 2015

Using a domestic steamer

I decided I would try some eco dying while it was still early in the season.  Last time I tried this was mid winter and some of the results were less than spectacular.  This time I used cotton fabric that had been mordanted in a soda ash bath (PH increase for pools) for 24 hours.  Last time I tried steaming the bundles of vegetable matter on top of my pressure cooker but this time I decided to use my old steamer.  It meant I did have to be sure to have the bundles the size to fit in the steamer layers but it worked perfectly and was much easier to keep track of the water in the steamer.